Excitable Boy

Default OT - Gunner Quote - for Gunner and all the Gunnettes

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message .net...
"Tom" wrote in message

Alright Ed, next time someone offers you a raise, shoot for 3%,
cos that's better than 9...:-)

If they offer me 3% of $34,000, versus 9% of $4,000, as with the US versus
China, I certainly will take the 3% of $34,000. It's an old mathematician's
trick. d8-)

I took the 9% of $4,000 and I'm happy. If you'd been here the other
night you'd know there are things you just can't buy. Freedom, for
one. Human relationships, for another.

FWIW, there isn't a yachtsman in the world who fully trusts the Kiwis after
that escapade. It may be the greatest example of poor sportsmanship in the
annals of international sport.

Conner may not have started that series of shyster games but he wasn't
far behind with the catamaran trick. After a few of those silly seasons
the America's Cup kinda came back down to earth ... but imo it's ****
since it's become so commercial. BTW, it wasn't really a "64-foot class,"
ever. The cup-holder was always the one who decided what kind of boat to
race. It had just been in NYYC hands for so long that they thought they
owned the thing. They also pulled some *very* shady maneuvers a few times
in the past : Lipton would have won if he hadn't been cheated. He was just
too much the English Sportsman to complain.