Posted to rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.woodturning
brianlanning brianlanning is offline

Default If you could ...

Mike wrote:
Here's one though: We decided that buying rough cut lumber beat the
pants off of dealing with the garbage available at HD/Lowes, and
purchased a 6" Jet jointer and a planer. A year and a half later, I'm
wishing that we'd gone with an 8" jointer, with longer tables. (Why
does it seem like most of the boards we end up with are 6.5 or 7 inches
wide?!?!)

Ha! This is exactly why I started with a riser block when I bought my
14" bandsaw. It wasn't because I wanted to resaw 12" boards. It was
because I wanted to resaw 7" boards.

After the delta benchtop jointer mistake, I jumped right to the 8"
grizzly dj-20 clone.

I can't believe I actually had foresight for a change. :-)

brian