Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking
Proctologically Violated©® Proctologically Violated©® is offline

Default Is It A Good Time To Buy A Larger Shop...Maybe Or Maybe Not..

Foreclosures, however, have been at record levels for years, from all the
suckers who bought high w/ near-bogus financing. At least fwih.
Plus, as more and more yupsterized baby boomers finally croak, you'll proly
get more and more estate sales'n'****...
The real estate boom *does not* benefit you and me, much as we might ogle at
our own paper windfall. It is really a damacles sword, and in fact it ****s
*everyone* except developers/investors/politicians, and except for the few
people lucky enough to be able to retire, sell, pocket the profit, and move
to cheaper areas, during the boom-times.
--
Mr. P.V.'d (formerly Droll Troll)
Ever-preparing for The Grand Insertion

So is it a good time to buy a larger shop or just add on to an existing
one?

TMT

The future is hard to see. But, the last couple real estate downturns
lasted at least three years. My guess is this one will take that long as
well, we're about one year in. Now, if you can guess the absolute bottom
during the next couple years, you're way to smart to be posting on this
NG.

At least in this area, now is a good time for small construction projects.
Laid off construction people will work very reasonably for cash.

Karl