Posted to alt.home.repair
A. Lo A. Lo is offline

Default Panel TV wall-mount metal studs

Thanks a lot for the advice, guys. I agreed with Eric that the metal stud
might nothave enough strength to hold the mere 100lbs weight of the wall
mount and the panel TV. I think I'll probably have to check with my
contractor first before I take any action. I assume that the studs they use
can and will support the gross weight that I've mentioned.

AL

"Mikepier" wrote in message
ps.com...
As long as it's a heavy guage stud ( and I'm assuming it is being that
this is a condo with certain building codes) it shoud not be a problem.
The sheet rock itself spreads the load across the stud. You could use
sheet metal screws or if you want to be real secure use toggle bolts
through the studs. But as long as the entire assembly weighs less than
70 lbs you should be fine with just screws.