Posted to alt.home.repair
Dean Dean is offline

Default Panel TV wall-mount metal studs

I believe the studs will be heavy gauge IF it is a load-bearing
wall,,,if it is just a partition it could possibly have light
gauge..Self-tapping(drill tip) screws are easy to find and work well in
heavy gauge studs..One way to test the gauge is to try a standard
drywall screw for wood,,if light gauge studs the wood screw will
penetrate before long,,if heavy gauge the screw made for wood will
dull...It might be safer and easier to ask management to look at the
plans so You do'nt make un-needed holes..
Dean in Iowa

Mikepier wrote:
As long as it's a heavy guage stud ( and I'm assuming it is being that
this is a condo with certain building codes) it shoud not be a problem.
The sheet rock itself spreads the load across the stud. You could use
sheet metal screws or if you want to be real secure use toggle bolts
through the studs. But as long as the entire assembly weighs less than
70 lbs you should be fine with just screws.