Posted to rec.woodworking
Dick Snyder Dick Snyder is offline

Default Question about laminating 3 pieces of 1/4" birch plywood

I tried cutting the interior side of one of the pieces of plywood with a
utility knife. When I tried to bend the plywood it just cracked at one of
the cuts. Maybe I will kerf it to see if that works any better.
"RayV" wrote in message
ups.com...

Dick Snyder wrote:
I'm making a book case for my daughter and she wants a curved top. I have
made a form over which to do the bending but I am having a problem with
the
1/4" plywood splitting. I can not use 3/4" plywood and make cuts in one
side
as both the top and bottom with be visible so I decided to laminate 3
pieces
of 1/4" plywood. I plan to use polyurethane glue to do the lamination but
need to conquer this splitting problem. I would appreciate any help you
can
offer.

TIA.

Dick Snyder

What about kerfing the interior sides of the 1/4" plywood? The center
piece could be kerfed on one or both sides.