Posted to rec.woodworking
Mike Marlow Mike Marlow is offline

Default Blade Guard on a Table Saw?

"Lee Michaels" wrote in message

To be fair, you will never get into my shop with that attitude.

Well, that's fine.

I, too, am a safety freak. I guess I got that way growing up around stupid
people who were NOT safety freaks and hurt themselves on a regular basis.

just looked at them and said that I was going to be different.

Likewise, I have seen, and the evidence is certainly contained in the
archives of this group - that being a safety freak in no way ensures safety.
This group is full of stories about incidents in the shop where all of the
safety gear was in place. It is full of stories from "safety freaks" who
put pieces of wood through walls, into body parts, who posted pictures of
stiches, etc. Being a safety freak does nothing to ensure you will not be
hurt. The post by zap was a collection of freak accidents that didn't even
correlate to the discussion at hand.

Yes, there are those freak accidents that happen from time to time. But

the
occur in many places, not just shops.

And you point is?

I have taken a number of injured people to the hospital. In every case,
they screwed up. And most of them knew it too. Interestingly enough, some
people learned from this experience. and some did not.

Ummmmmm... of course they screwed up. And the point is?

--

-Mike-