Posted to rec.woodworking
Lee Michaels Lee Michaels is offline

Default Blade Guard on a Table Saw?

"Mike Marlow" wrote in message

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
om...
In article , David

wrote:

NO. I'm not going to stick my feet in my lawnmower and I'm not going to
put my hands into my tablesaw blade.

Please read the "rant" posted earlier by 'zap'...

Just because you haven't *yet* does not mean you never will.

Well, to be fair, if one were to take zap's rant too much to heart, one
would never venture into the shop since life is full of so many fluke
accidents.

To be fair, you will never get into my shop with that attitude.

I, too, am a safety freak. I guess I got that way growing up around stupid
people who were NOT safety freaks and hurt themselves on a regular basis. I
just looked at them and said that I was going to be different.

Yes, there are those freak accidents that happen from time to time. But the
occur in many places, not just shops.

I have taken a number of injured people to the hospital. In every case,
they screwed up. And most of them knew it too. Interestingly enough, some
people learned from this experience. and some did not.