Tom

Default OT - Gunner Quote - for Gunner and all the Gunnettes

Ed Huntress wrote:

"Tom" wrote in message

Soccer? what is that? Is it like baseball?
Remind again me how many countries attend the World Series?

'Having trouble staying focused are you, Tom? Do you want to continue to

try
to explain how a $330 per capita increase is greater than a $1,064 per
capita increase? Or have you given up on that, and want to spill out

some
more of your anti-American bile on another subject?

As for the Series, I'm worried about Boston this year. If they get A-Rod

in
a trade -- and even if they don't -- they could be trouble for my

beloved
Yanks.

Ed Huntress

You have got your knickers in a twist!

Gee, not that I've noticed. Perhaps you're projecting?

Why should I explain anything? You're the one that stated
that a 3.1% growth is greater than 9.1% growth, I'm not
up with the "new" maths, or should I say spin?

But it IS, Tom, if you start from a much higher base. In the case of the US
versus China, 3.1% is actually three times more growth than 8.2%.

Did you have a bit of trouble with mathematics in school, perhaps? Do you
actually know how to calculate a percentage, or is it all magic to you?

What's with the "World" Series, Ed? Not maintaining too much
of a focus yourself, I thought the question was simple enough,
even for you. Perhaps you're in need of some antacid..

Do you want to talk baseball, then? What do you think about the Astros this
year, with both Pettit and Clemens as starters? Do you think Clemens has
anything left in that arm, at 41?

Hey, Jesse Orosco announced his retirement today. Jeez, a 47-year-old
pitcher...

Concerning the World Series, is New Zealand planning to challenge for the
title? Maybe they'll do something like what they did the first time they
challenged for the America's Cup: field a 128-foot-long boat in a class that
only allows 64-footers. It seems you have some very good sports lawyers who
found a loophole...

Ed Huntress

Alright Ed, next time someone offers you a raise, shoot for 3%,
cos that's better than 9...:-)

As for baseball, not into minority sports, although I
had heard that some team was having to import talent
from Japan?

As for the AC, the general thought while the US retained it,
was that:
"Britannia rules the waves, but the US waives the rules.." :-)

What the NYYC spent on winning the Cup in the court rooms over
the years would probably have been greater than the GDP of many
countries..:-)

Tom