Posted to rec.woodworking
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default Blade Guard on a Table Saw?

In article , Bruce Barnett wrote:
writes:

No kidding. I'd rather not be in the same shop as a person who can
use a tool to cut off a 2 x 4, and yet not realize that it is dangerous
unless he can see the spinning blade!

That's not the point at all. Are you telling me that people who had
accidents with a table saw didn't THINK it was dangerous?

The cause of most accidents are (I would guess) inattention,
stupidity, and ignorance. And I bet that most seasoned woodworkers
have accidents with tablesaws because of inattention.

That's why the guard is there.

My attention won't wander while I'm watching that blade.

Just because it hasn't *yet* does not mean it never will.

The point is that the guard provides additional protection in case it does.

--
Regards,