Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Blade Guard on a Table Saw?

"Dave Jackson" wrote in message
A little backround....I'm a carpenter for a living and can say that the
chances of finding a blade guard on any jobsite table saw (mine included)

is
slim to none.

You're right about that ... however, as a builder, I often count fewer
fingers on jobsites than should be.

However, I recently bought a cabinet saw for the shop and would like to

find
a decent guard. I tried the excalibur guard I got at auction out today

and
find it a little clunky at the blade cover, although with some re
engineering I think I can make it workable. --dave

I really like my Uniguard ... has an excellent splitter, two guards that can
be used independently and/or swung up out of the way, and it can be removed
in less time than it takes to tell.

In short, it is "convenient" ... a quality which fosters use.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/06