Posted to rec.woodworking
B A R R Y B A R R Y is offline

Default Blade Guard on a Table Saw?

Mike wrote:
"B A R R Y" wrote in message
et...
Samson wrote:
Question: Do you use one?

A shop-made overhead guard, made of Lexan. I built mine following a
woodcentral.com article, complete with a dust fitting.

Does your's resemble the pictures on WoodCentral? I ask because their's
looks loike it is connected to the ceiling.

Yes and yes!

The main differences a the top plate of mine is maple (I ran out of
lexan G), I used 6-32 cap screws (I had them) and I used a 3" threaded
PVC connector as the dust port, which takes a 4" hose nicely.

I'm extremely happy with that guard and glad I built it. I like the
idea of screwing parts together without glue, in case a replacement is
needed. The saw is cleaner, too!