Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Styles Chris Styles is offline

Default Where is a a shaver socket powered from?

Why is a mirror with lights unmentionable?

I don't know, but you just said you wanted to power a {noun omitted} in
your initial post :-)

Ah, now I see... I didnt actually realised it's been so enigmatic :-)

If the objection is to do with power consumption, maybe i'll not start a
thread about under-tile heating (150w/m^-2) :-)

The issue is to do with protecting the circuit and the appliance. Many
appliances will specify they must be protected by a 3A or 6A fuse or MCB,
and while they would probably be okay on a lighting circuit it would be
unwise to connect them unfused to a 32A power circuit.

Yes, I get that bit...

I'd thought that my mirror with lights was "unmentionable" because of an
objection to mirrors that consume power, rather than because i'd omitted to
say what it was :-)

I have an irrational objection to the little battery powered whisks that
seem to be all the rage for those whose coffee has to have foam on top -
they just seem like a bizarre waste of resources, and that in 1 months time
there'll be millions of them in landfill. If you like foam on your coffee
that much, just put in a couple of drops of fairly liquid and stir with a
spoon.. there is no need for a whisk! ;-)