Posted to misc.consumers.house
Tony Tony is offline

Default New Concrete Driveway

On Fri, 20 Oct 2006 08:28:14 -0500, "John A. Weeks III" wrote:

In article ,
"mrsgator88" wrote:

To do a driveway you not only need the knowledge and the "touch", you need
to think on your feet. Unexpected changes in weather change how you work
with the concrete, and how long you have to work with it. You also need
special tools and equipment so you can "float" over the middle of the
driveway to smooth it without falling in. And if its a two car wide
driveway you won't be able to work the concrete alone.

Another big difference between a driveway and a foundation is that
the foundation gets covered up, while the driveway is part of the
visual 10 second first impression that people will get of your
house. A sub-par job on the driveway will make your house look
bad, and it will cost you money if you ever sell. Go with the
pros here, and experiment somewhere where it will not show.

-john-

I am not going to even attempt the concrete driveway after reading these responses. I am going to
hire someone to do it or maybe even go with BlackTop. Thanks all.