Tom

Default OT - Gunner Quote - for Gunner and all the Gunnettes

Ed Huntress wrote:

"Tom" wrote in message

Your own signature has you ascribing to the "the evil gun culture"
Yet for all your endeavours the US economy can't match the Chinese
for growth or come close!

Match them? Who would want to? With a per-capita GDP of $4,020 (the most
optimistic, PPP-based estimate), versus $34,320 for the United States,
China's growth was only a fraction of ours. "All of our endeavours" in

2003
produced (at an estimated growth rate of 3.1%) $1064 in actual growth

per
person. In China, assuming the official growth rate of 8.2% is correct,
their economy grew by $330 per person -- in purchasing-price-parity

(PPP)
dollars. .............

Ed Huntress

Just as well your not a banker, Ed, your perception
of percentages would not gain many depositors!

With you it seems that: "Percentages are percentages but
"our" percentages are always better than others!" :-)

With me it's dollars are dollars, and a big percentage of nothing much is
still nothing much.

With you, a soccer team that won a soccer game last year and two this year,
out of 40 games, is having a banner year and is devastating the competition.

Ed Huntress

Soccer? what is that? Is it like baseball?
Remind again me how many countries attend the World Series?

Tom