Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default What Dumpster Size For 865 sq.ft. House Removal

In article , "Glen Cooper" wrote:

20 yard? I know biger is better because it cost to dump but I don't have
much money, I'll be doing the work by myself.

Rental charge is based on the size of the container, how long you keep it,
and a charge to deliver and pick up.

Get those charges broken out when you call around to get prices.

I don't know what the total volume is going to be, but let's suppose that it's
40 yards, and suppose that it's going to take you eight weeks to fill it.

You could rent a 40-yard dumpster for eight weeks, and have one drop/tip
charge.

Or you could rent a 20-yard dumpster for four weeks twice. You'd have two
drop/tip charges, but the rental portion of the total charge would be a *lot*
cheaper because you're renting a smaller container.

Or a ten-yard dumpster for two weeks, four times ...

Unless the drop & tip charges are exorbitant, you're probably better off with
a smaller container.

--
Regards,