Posted to alt.home.repair
aspasia aspasia is offline

Default Greasy popcorn!

On Tue, 24 Oct 2006 15:41:17 -0400, Goedjn wrote:

On 23 Oct 2006 13:39:54 -0700, "Raider Bill"
wrote:

Tenants just moved out [forced eveiction] they must have deep fryed
everything without ever opening a window. Now all walls and ceilings
not to mention fans are coated with grease.
Fans are down to be cleaned, walls have been tsb'd but what about
popcorn ceiling? I can't wash it. Painter friend suggested a bonding
primer. Kilz says for grease stains but then says area must be free of
grease.

I don't want to scrape this ceiling............................

If this is going to be a rental unit for any length of time,
this is as good a time as any to swap the ceiling treatment
for something that's easier to maintain. Do they still make
that white-coated masonite? That stuff cleans fairly easily.

I'm with you, Goedjn, Bill, get rid of the popcorn and either have
the ceiling replastered or find another solution. Room will look
much classier.