Posted to alt.home.repair
Toller Toller is offline

Default Help Bemis provides no support for their toilet seats

wrote in message
The hinge cap on our Bemis toilet seat has broken off.

I contacted Bemis customer support hoping that they would either send
me or sell me a replacement part.

Bemis's response was that I should trying taking the seat back to the
store since they don't provide spare parts. Clearly, no store is going
to take back an out-of-warranty, used toilet seat.

I could not believe that they are basically saying that there is no
way to fix or replace this 5-cent broken part.

Based on my past experience, this a very common part to break and it
is hard to believe that Bemis can't or won't provide a replacement
part.

Bemis basically seems to be saying that if you are out of your 1 year
warranty, then if anything breaks, your only option is to throw out
the seat and by another one.

THIS IS ONE OF THE LAMEST RESPONSES I HAVE EVER RECEIVED TO CUSTOMER
SERVICE REQUESTS.

Other companies like Kohler have sent me substantial replacement parts
for free with no questions asked -- even when the damage was my fault
and when I have been more than willing to pay.

Toilet seats are consumables; they just wear out and you replace them.
Bemis presumably doesn't have a high enough profit margin to send out
replacement parts.

I have also found Kohler to be very accomodating. They must be able to
afford it.