Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair,alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair
Thomas D. Horne, FF EMT Thomas D. Horne, FF EMT is offline

Default Residential service entrance power drop repair?

Jonny wrote:
The power company owns all until it hits the meter. You're messing with
fire, wasting your time.

The demarcation point between the utilities wires and the premise wiring
is not always the meter enclosure. That point is established by the
states Public Service Commission, Peoples Council, Public Utilities
Commission or a similar body. In many places the demarcation point for
an overhead residential service is the splices between the drop and the
service entry conductors. All repairs needed on the customers side of
the demarcation point is done by the customer or her/his agent.
--
Tom Horne

Well we aren't no thin blue heroes and yet we aren't no blackguards to.
We're just working men and woman most remarkable like you.