Posted to uk.d-i-y
Alan Alan is offline

Default Infrared Thermometer buttons?

In message , Roger Mills
wrote
RzB wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/ynxzmx

I have an earlier version of the IR-88 from CPC - and it's perfectly good
for balancing radiators, which is why I bought it.

There's another button on the RHS of the casing - which doesn't show in the
photo - which is what you press to take a reading.

A picture of the earlier unit is at
http://www.amac.f2s.com/irtherm/index.htm

There is also a switch in the battery compartment to switch between
degrees C and F.

The button functions seem to have changed in the current version.
Although mainly unreadable in the CPC photo, the display seems to have a
lot more options listed but the description says it still has the MAX
hold function. The earlier version didn't have a display backlight.

Possibly the buttons are now multi-function to change between modes?

The red button gives you a MAX function

That seems to have been changed/swapped for 'laser on' in the CPC photo.

The CPC unit is a _lot_ smaller (4inch x 2 inch x 1inch) than the Maplin
unit so this may be a deciding factor.

--
Alan
news2006 {at} amac {dot} f2s {dot} com