Jeff Wisnia

Default Problem: Squirrel in Fireplace Insert!

Dave wrote:

"Bob Chilcoat" wrote in message ...

Last week I was cleaning up after lunch when I heard a noise in the family
room. Went in and heard something scraping around in the fireplace flue.
[...]

Quite a story Bob. In nice weather I wonder if a rope dropped down a
chimney would get a squirrel to climb out?

It might well have done so.

I remember once at the place I was working the guys in the drafting room heard scratching noises coming from
the "whiteprint" machine before it had been turned on for the day. When they opened it up they found a bird
jumping around inside the glass cylinder.

They thought they'd have to tear the machine apart to let it out, but our janitor, wiser than the rest of us,
went outside and dropped a rope down through the "stovepipe" exhaust stack. Shortly thereafter that bird hauled
itself up and out.

Jeff

--
Jeff Wisnia (W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)