Larry Jaques

Default Problem: Squirrel in Fireplace Insert!

On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 00:02:48 -0500, "Bob Chilcoat"
brought forth from the murky depths:

Last week I was cleaning up after lunch when I heard a noise in the family
room. Went in and heard something scraping around in the fireplace flue.

-snip of hilarity-
I take him outside and release him. He runs off, very dirty, I presume
hungry, but otherwise none the worse for wear, considering he shared the
fireplace with a good blaze the night before. Probably has quite a tale
(tail?) to tell his buddies.

As do you! g
Thanks for a good story well told.

Today I noticed a squirrel hanging around the bird feeder with a large bare
spot on his back. Singed fur? I hope so. As soon as the ice is off the
roof, I'm putting a hardware cloth cap over the chimney flue.

Glenn posted about a rain cap, but in many areas, a spark
arrestor is mandatory. They do triple duty to remove fire
hazards, keep rain out of your chimney, and keep nosy birds
and squirrels out. Take a look at some to build for your
squirrel catcher, eh?

--== May The Angst Be With You! ==--
-Yoda, on a bad day
--