Posted to alt.home.repair
None None is offline

Default Low pH water on mains

Hello,

I am on mains water, but happen to have a low incoming pH of 6.7, maybe
6.8 at most. The water is very low in TDS, alkalinity, and iron and
manganese are within drinking regs. We have copper piping also.
Showering is uncomfortable, and the shower can get stained very easily
due to the acidity.

Is it worth treating such a level of water acidity? I had an AN before,
but the company that sold it to me had no idea what they were selling
me, and as a result, it was a disaster. I ended up with hard, hard
alkaline water that felt terrible and was unpotable.