Posted to alt.home.repair
EXT EXT is offline

Default How to tile over painted walls

I find adhesive fine for walls, especially in kitchens where there is no
water spray as you get in a shower. I only use thinset for shower areas and
where I have to match other levels where I have used thinset. The adhesive
will work fine on semigloss if you sand the surface to add a little tooth
for the glue to stick to.

"David Nebenzahl" wrote in message
s.com...
Any suggestions on how to tile a painted wall? It's in a kitchen, painted
in semi-gloss. How about if I just scratch up the wall surface really
well: can I then use thinset directly on the wall?

Replies from those with actual experience setting tile especially
appreciated.

you're curious but don't really care about the quality of your knowledge.

- Matthew White's WikiWatch (http://users.erols.com/mwhite28/wikiwoo.htm)