Posted to uk.d-i-y
Pete C Pete C is offline

Default Metric bearings in imperial wheel rims

On 23 Oct 2006 07:02:00 -0700, "Mark Trueman"
wrote:

Hi there,

I am looking to buy the following from the usa

http://www.azusaeng.com/wheels/whls8a.html

The problem i have however is with bearing sizes. The O/D of the
bearings required for this wheel are 1+3/8 of an inch, which is 34.925
mm. I can source bearings in this country with an I/D of 17mm, which is
required for my application, however, the OD of the UK bearing is 35mm.

The question is, will a 35mm bearing fit in the hub that is built to
accept 34.925mm bearings? Will it just be a bit of a squeeze to get the
bearing in? Will there be any problem with the bearing if it is
slightly compressed?

Hi,

Why not buy the bearings from the US too, don't the above company
supply them as an option?

cheers,
Pete.