Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default The Stand- By demon

"Bob Eager" wrote in message
On Tue, 24 Oct 2006 16:17:28 UTC, "John"
wrote:

At the place where I work they are embarking on a campaign on energy
reduction (no issues here) but they keep beating on about TVs left on
standby. Apparently it is going to destroy the planet.

Yet the publicity being used claims £50 per household for stuff on
standby.

I get very annoyed about this figure, which is (a) probably ancient (b)
wrong to start with. Proably worked out once (wrongly) in the past, and
forever quoted.

snip sums

The figures given are total greenwash. Not to say you shouldn't turn it
off (we do) but let's get there by quoting truthful figures.

I agree. But why do people have to be persuaded to save energy by appealing
to their pockets?

Mary