daz5000 daz5000 is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by
daz5000 wrote:
Weatherlawyer Wrote:
daz5000 wrote:-
dcbwhaley Wrote:-
daz5000 wrote:

hi first time posting so sorry for any mistakes.im boarding my loft

Well, you'd best put that on pause cos 2x3 isnt meaty enough for much.
For 71" span you could add 2x3s on top of the existing 2x3s, glued and
screwed every 6", to make it usable. If the unsupported span were 142"
thats... about 12', 2x4 additions would be better. Neither of these are
anywhere modern requirements though, but such requirements concern
millimetres of deflection rather than being about safety - wood is a
bit springy.

Fire escape is another matter to attend to.

NT
thanks to all, after boarding the floor and spending about £200 so far for nothing, im going to get the job done by the pros.whats been said no diy to save money is worth the risk to any of my kids.thanks again.