Posted to alt.home.repair
Al Bundy Al Bundy is offline

Default Greasy popcorn!

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in
:

"Father Haskell" wrote in message
ups.com...

Raider Bill wrote:
Tenants just moved out [forced eveiction] they must have deep fryed
everything without ever opening a window. Now all walls and ceilings
not to mention fans are coated with grease.
Fans are down to be cleaned, walls have been tsb'd but what about
popcorn ceiling? I can't wash it. Painter friend suggested a bonding
primer. Kilz says for grease stains but then says area must be free
of grease.

I don't want to scrape this ceiling............................

The best primer might be 3/8" drywall. Not sure you'd want
to keep a textured ceiling over a kitchen anyway.

For people who come from a culture of perennial suffering, textured
ceilings like seeing the image of the virgin mary in their container
of cream cheese.

Oh, is that who it was. Thought it was Madonna. Didn't have my glasses
on.