Posted to alt.home.repair

Default GAS LAWN MOWER TAKES 100 PULLS TO TURN OVER

Should turn over, unless there is large ammounts of water in the
cylinder itself. Might not start and run, but it should turn over.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

"Bennett Price" wrote in message
. com...
It is likely that you've got water in the bottom of the gas tank. The
same dew that you find on the lawn in the morning gets into the gas
tank
and settles to the bottom of the tank (as it's heavier than gas).
As others have suggested, drain the tank thoroughly, and then put it
out
in the sun to evaporate any water that remains.

Refill it to the top after each use, thus allowing less room for dew
to get into the tank.

MRS. CLEAN wrote:
My gas mower doesn't turn over without 100 pulls.

It's 5 years old never tuned or anything. Plus, I never drained out
the gas because I use it over the winter.

Do you think it's the spark plugs?

What can I do to remedy this pain in the butt and arm?

Can I service it myself?