Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jason D. Jason D. is offline

Default KP-57W40, falls in s/n: 90xxxxx, bulletin & questions.

I have this Sony KP-57W40 (March 2002) here for estimate to replace
the blue CRT, intermittently shorting G1 (tapping will do this also)
to kine and telltale darkening brown in neck where gun & pins are.
Need to know is this required to change out other green and red CRT
which are working fine and did not have darkening neck like the blue
is?

I have the bulletin sent in from our supplier but didn't say about
this 1 or all CRTs swapped? Second, the part number for green is same
CRT assy for 51W40 and 57W40? Wanted to be very *certain*.

Anything else?

Thanks & cheers, Wizard