Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Greasy popcorn!

On 23 Oct 2006 13:39:54 -0700, "Raider Bill"
wrote:

Tenants just moved out [forced eveiction] they must have deep fryed
everything without ever opening a window. Now all walls and ceilings
not to mention fans are coated with grease.
Fans are down to be cleaned, walls have been tsb'd but what about
popcorn ceiling? I can't wash it. Painter friend suggested a bonding
primer. Kilz says for grease stains but then says area must be free of
grease.

I don't want to scrape this ceiling............................

The other ideas may be better, and I've never done this, but what
about putting a tarp down on the floor etc, and spraying some kind of
cleeaner on the ceiling.

Later you can take the tarp outside and let the rain clean it.