Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] nospambob@vcoms.net is offline

Default Worst POS Tool You Ever Bought

In search for a biscuit cutter I went to HD and got a Freud. Plugged
it in and it started TWICE then no more. Exchanged for a second one
that started ONCE. Third try on same day wouldn't start! They ran
out of stock that day. One kid asked another how to pronounce the
name but the second didn't know either.

On 23 Oct 2006 05:59:18 -0700, "the_tool_man"
wrote:

I've bought enough crappy tools that I don't just have one worst:

1: Those little corner-rounding planes that Woodcraft and others sell
- totally useless. Their only virtue is that they don't cost much.
2: Ryobi detail sander - it's great for making your hand numb, but
little else. Thankfully it was a gift so I didn't actually pay for it.
3: B&D belt sander - the internal drive belt mis-tracked off the end
of one pulley, and chewed through the side of the plastic case after
about 2 hours of use over the course of 2 years.
4: Freud FT1700 router - built in above table adjustment stripped,
spindle lock broke, then motor died after about a year.

Needless to say, I don't buy Ryobi, B&D or Freud power tools any more
(though I still buy Freud blades and bits).

Regards,
John.