Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] neilyoung_at_heart_2006@yahoo.com is offline

Default Maytag clothes Washer Won't Spin

Isn't that the machine from 1960s with suds saver?

Those were really cool!

I hear the Maytag man isn't busy, you can call him

Whatever you do, save this machine!

Mrs. Clean

udarrell wrote:
Older Maytag clothes Washer: Model A606S; SN: 3232241D1Y
Ever since the water backed up & overflowed it with clothes in it, it
will Not spin!

Not much room however, I believe a piece of clothing overflowed between
the inner spin basket & the outer basket.
It makes a load noise & the belts appear to slip. It is like the basket
locks up & will not even begin to spin now, as it got worse.

How big a job is it to remove the inner basket, my hands are severely
messed up with carpal tunnel & I can not do much of anything!
Could a wire be fixed with a hook to fish the piece of clothing out?

What would you do? Could replacing the pump & main drive belts help? -
udarrell

--
PROPER A/C UNIT & DUCTWORK Sizing is over 70% of Operating Efficiency
http://www.udarrell.com/proper_cfm_b...syste ms.html