Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default help with TV relic: ITT model 1922u, 20 axu chassis

b wrote:

Hello,

Hope this reaches older TV techs from Uk or Europe ;-)

Set in question: ITT model 1922u, with 20 axu chassis.

Am trying to restore this early transistorised colour, ultrasonic
remote set. Estimated vintage 1976 or thereabouts.
At present there is no sound or raster, no tube filaments lit. Just an
audible whine when set powered up.

cant help with a cct diag, and dont recognise the model, but those
machines are some of the easier ones to fix with no schematic, because
you've typically got a simple dropper supply and little or no fire
protection circuitry. IOW the psu takes no notice of what the
horizontal section or anything else does, so you've got no interaction
complications.

HOT is ok, 300v at the mains rectifier OK, 26v line Ok. I suspect I
need to replace the LOPTX, but have no reference number to go by. If
anyone still has a schematic for this beast and could scan in the
relevant section, or just look up the transformer ref. for me, I'd be
grateful .

By whine do you mean horizontal frequency whine? Doesnt fit with no
filaments. 'HOT ok' is a bit vague too... with more info maybe the many
of us without schematics could help too.

NT