Posted to alt.home.repair
bob kater bob kater is offline

Default Little hot water from the shower faucet

does your delta have the anti-scald feature?? if so its probably that spool
partially plugged up or not moving. If you do not have that feature its
probably the piece behind the handle (cartridge) its all in one piece and
shud take 5 minutes afer you shut the water off
"davex1001" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello. Our shower has a Delta faucet with a single handle. This was
an upgrade from a tub to a tub and shower so the diverter is not on the
spout but just below the handle. Recently we've experienced a drop in
water pressure as you call for more hot water. This happens whether
the water is going thru the shower head or the spout. For a laugh I
took the head off and soaked it in vinegar. Didn't make a difference
not that I expected it to. All the valves in the basement are open.
The sink gets good hot water pressure. Seems like it's the valve. I'm
not much on plumbing. How difficult is it to replace a valve like
this? Or could it be something else? Any thoughts?? Thanks.