Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] ephedralover@hotmail.com is offline

Default Greasy popcorn!

Raider Bill wrote:
Tenants just moved out [forced eveiction] they must have deep fryed
everything without ever opening a window. Now all walls and ceilings
not to mention fans are coated with grease.
Fans are down to be cleaned, walls have been tsb'd but what about
popcorn ceiling? I can't wash it. Painter friend suggested a bonding
primer. Kilz says for grease stains but then says area must be free of
grease.

I don't want to scrape this ceiling............................

I woould try the kilz over the grease. I have painted over dirty paint
with Kilz and had no problems. Might take a couple o' coats.