Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default leaky deck

wrote in message
ups.com...
I have a small (stone tile) deck off of a second-story master bedroom.
It leaks (into the kitchen below) when it rains. I've called about ten
different people to try to get it fixed. No one wants to do it. I
think I am going to have to fix it myself.

I am not handy.

The various repair people who have come to the house are split: Half
say I need to retile. Half say it needs to be waterproofed.

How does one go about waterproofing a leaky deck?

Have you thought of putting a roof over it? The waterproffing
for a tile deck would have to be under the tile - hard to fix
without tearing the tile up.

Bob