Posted to alt.home.repair
Rain Rain is offline

Default GE Washing Machine -- Very loud during spin cycle

Try this websight, I find it very helpfull when working on appliances
http://www.applianceaid.com/washers.html
Silt wrote:
Hi all,

Recently my GE Washing Machine has begun to be very loud only during
it's spin cycle, during normal wash/agitating it sounds normal. Not
sure if this is a sign of a problem, but the drum seems to have alot
of play in it...meaning it pretty easily moves side to side and up and
down. I'm guessing the bearings in it are shot from some limited
googling I did.

If it is the bearings, what's the ball park figure I can expect to pay
for a repair? I'm guessing for the cost of repair I could probably
spend a little more and just get a new machine.

Any advice?

Thanks,

Silt