Excitable Boy

Default OT - Gunner Quote - for Gunner and all the Gunnettes

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message .net...

Match them? Who would want to? With a per-capita GDP of $4,020 (the most
optimistic, PPP-based estimate), versus $34,320 for the United States,
China's growth was only a fraction of ours. "All of our endeavours" in 2003
produced (at an estimated growth rate of 3.1%) $1064 in actual growth per
person. In China, assuming the official growth rate of 8.2% is correct,
their economy grew by $330 per person -- in purchasing-price-parity (PPP)
dollars. So the hot Chinese economy is producing something less than 1/3 of
the growth per person that the US economy is producing. Their actual growth
in exchange-rate dollars was a small fraction of that.

However, your statistics aren't showing us which money went where, Ed.
Brown & Root's little Empire may have grown by eighty-seven bazillion
dollars but that doesn't mean **** to the *average* American, ya know
what I mean ? Are you making *more* money now than you did in 1985 ?