Harold & Susan Vordos

Default Problem: Squirrel in Fireplace Insert!

"Bob Chilcoat" wrote in message
Last week I was cleaning up after lunch when I heard a noise in the family
room. Went in and heard something scraping around in the fireplace flue.
"Crap, a bird must have gotten in there." mutters I. As I'm looking in
through the glass doors of the fireplace insert, suddenly something big

and
black jumps down from the smoke shelf and bangs into the glass, trying to
get out. Scares the crap out of me! Great, a very dirty squirrel.

big snip-----
Today I noticed a squirrel hanging around the bird feeder with a large

bare
spot on his back. Singed fur? I hope so. As soon as the ice is off the
roof, I'm putting a hardware cloth cap over the chimney flue.

Interesting report, Bob. Much like the one we experienced about ten years
ago when we found a raccoon living in our chimney. It, too, went through
a fire and survived. Congratulations of the successful eviction!

Harold