DoN. Nichols

Default what voltage is my mitutoyo digital readout

In article ,
Engineman1 wrote:
I have a 6" mitutoyo digital caliper that I bought in 1995.For quite a few
years it gave me good service. 2 or 3 years ago it developed a habit of giving
a reading of E - -o5 whenever it was colder than about 50 deg f. A new battery
cured that for awhile but now it does it even with a brand new one. It uses a
357 which is rated at 1.5 v but my meter says the no load voltage is 1.600. I'm
wondering if my problem is partly due to the caliper becoming more voltage
sensetive as it ages? Is there a battery the same size as the 357 that puts out
1.65 or 1.7 volts that I could try to see if it cures the problem or would that
be too much for my caliper?

Hmm ... one thing that it could be is the battery contacts in
the holder oxidizing (unless they are gold plated). You might try
rubbing them gently with a pencil eraser and replacing the batteries.
(Rub the ends of the batteries, too.)

Good Luck,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564