Posted to alt.home.repair
yourname yourname is offline

Default No grounds in my 1950 house

Put a gfci on the first outlet of every string, if you can't determine
the first outlet, they make[expensive]gfci breakers.

The power company will usually upgrade the wire from the pole to the
house for free. That may solve the dimming problem.

Upgrading the breaker panel to a new 100 amp service is not crushingly
expensive, and would be a start.

wrote:
Get electrician to look at your home, its free and there may be good
ideas like what you think is romex is BX I can easily add grounds to
your outlets cheap

Go buy a outlet tester they are about 5 bucks check your outlets to see
if they are grounded. What I wrote above probably applies to you!

At minimium get a grounded outlet installed in a handy location with
GFCI for outdoor use.........Its a first ste in making things safe