Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mark Trueman Mark  Trueman is offline

Default Metric bearings in imperial wheel rims

Hi there,

I am looking to buy the following from the usa

http://www.azusaeng.com/wheels/whls8a.html

The problem i have however is with bearing sizes. The O/D of the
bearings required for this wheel are 1+3/8 of an inch, which is 34.925
mm. I can source bearings in this country with an I/D of 17mm, which is
required for my application, however, the OD of the UK bearing is 35mm.

The question is, will a 35mm bearing fit in the hub that is built to
accept 34.925mm bearings? Will it just be a bit of a squeeze to get the
bearing in? Will there be any problem with the bearing if it is
slightly compressed?

Regards

Mark