Posted to alt.home.repair
Rain Rain is offline

Default Hoover Steam Vac, brushes stopped - repair/service manual?

Don't you just love plastic, high stress gears? I realise this post is
no help now that you found the problem. But, don't be suprised when it
breaks again. I found with that particular machine it works fine and
for a long time on very short carpet but trying to clean anything with
any kind of length to it seems to put to much stress on the pos plastic
parts and they crack, break or strip all the teath.
Chuck B. wrote:
Scott wrote:
***UPDATE***

I found the problem and took the time to document it with some
pictures:

http://www.sacreativeservices.com/fo...uff/steam_vac/

Hopefully this will help someone else that encounters the same problem.

Later,

Scott

Thanks for the pictures. I also have one of those machines and had to
replace some of the parts. I just started to remove screws until I got
to the brushes. Parts were sold by local Hoover parts guy.