Posted to alt.home.repair
CJT CJT is offline

Default GAS LAWN MOWER TAKES 100 PULLS TO TURN OVER

MRS. CLEAN wrote:

My gas mower doesn't turn over without 100 pulls.

It's 5 years old never tuned or anything. Plus, I never drained out
the gas because I use it over the winter.

Do you think it's the spark plugs?

What can I do to remedy this pain in the butt and arm?

Can I service it myself?

If it's a Briggs & Stratton the carburetor is probably fouled
with "varnish" from the gasoline.

A quick fix to get it started is to spray some cleaner in the
throat of the carburetor. B & S sells their own brand, but others
will work, too.

For a longer term fix, pour about half a can of automotive carburetor
cleaner in the tank and run it out.

JMHO. HTH.