Posted to alt.home.repair
Puddin' Man Puddin' Man is offline

Default Briggs/Stratton 3.5 hp

On Sat, 21 Oct 2006 17:34:22 GMT, Puddin' Man
wrote:

On Sat, 21 Oct 2006 00:33:35 GMT, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

Wait till dark night time. Screw the plug out. snap the plug back into
the end of the plug wire. Pull safety handle down, and then yank the
rip cord.

Pardone, mssr, but that requires (at least) 3 (very long)
arms/hands. I have only 2. :-)

With no plug, there is no compression, so the motor spins
fine. Look at the gap of the plug to see if you see spark. Easier to
see in the dark night time.

'Tis a test that I've run many times. If spark gen is functional,
I've had no trouble seeing it in the daytime.

The other guy is right, try a squirt of ether on the air filter (not
into the spark hole). See if it runs on ether.

May be some out the garage ...

Y'all were both right.

It's wierd. I work the primer bulb, can see gas
shooting into the throat of the carb. But it
won't start.

Shoot some ether in it and it fires. Then
dies.

Guess I gotta dissemble the catb again ...

Muchas Gracias,
Puddin'

Pease pudding hot,
Pease pudding cold,