Posted to alt.home.repair
Rich Greenberg Rich Greenberg is offline

Default Hoover Steam Vac, brushes stopped - repair/service manual?

In article . com,
Scott wrote:
I borrowed my in-laws Hoover Steam Vac (Dual V widepath, model
F7426-900)... Well, I know for a fact that this is the 3rd one they
have had, as the first 2 were returned for leaks and other problems.
Anyhow, I digress...

Here's the problem, the machine powers on but the brushes won't spin.
When I first turned it on, they were spinning very slowly and I heard a
grinding sound, like there were broken plastic pieces inside.

I do not want to take this thing to a Hoover service center and
probably spend more in repairs than the unit is worth. So, before I
tear into this thing I wanted to have a repair manual to look
through... NOT the owner's manual, but a service manual with exploded
views and part numbers. I want to know how to disassemble the unit
properly, rather than just unscrewing an pulling on things.

Does anyone know where Hoover publishes these manuals? They must have
them somewhere.

They are likely on the hoover web site. Try:

http://www.hoover.com/db/hvrCustomer.asp

on that page is a place to put in model & serial for manuals, parts &
information. Or try customer service @ 330-499-9499.

--
Rich Greenberg N Ft Myers, FL, USA richgr atsign panix.com + 1 239 543 1353
Canines:Val, Red, Shasta & Casey (RIP), Red & Zero, Siberians Owner:Chinook-L