Posted to sci.electronics.repair
w9gb w9gb is offline

Default Heathkit Weather Computer Model ID 5001C

"Joe in Tennessee" wrote in message
oups.com...
My weather station has been fully functional for many years, but the
wind direction and velocity has stopped working. I suspect one or more
of the IR diodes and/or the photo transistors have failed. I have been
unable to locate replacement parts or to cross-reference the original
part numbers.
The diodes are TIL-32 and the transistors are TIL-78.
I would appreciate any information on where I might find these parts or
where I might cross- reference them to an available substitute.
Thanks in advance to anyone who responds to this request.

Joe -

There are active Heath WX station groups on the Internet.
This is a common part failure - IF you have had a nearby lightning strike -
not necessarily direct (surge alone).

PLEASE bookmark the following information in your computer's browser for
future reference !

The ID-5001 WX station is actually still made and supported by Forecast
Technologies
Forecast Technologies
29119 Monterey Ct.
Santa Nella, CA. 95322
http://www.webbcon.com/forecasttech/products.html
[ID-5001 Weather Computer]

865.983.0691

You can order that exact part (and any other repair part that you may need)
from Forecast Technologies (current mfg. and support for the 5001)
http://www.webbcon.com/forecasttech/parts.html

Any of the standard large parts mail-order houses should this part or a
cross reference in stock

Mouser
http://www.mouser.com/index.cfm?handler=home

DigiKey