Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
George George is offline

Default A commercial message -- a new product

"Leo Lichtman" wrote in message
Removing the wood from the lathe, turning a plug and redrilling
is a lot more work, but more important: how do you establish the location
for the new hole?

Well, haven't done it a lot myself. Having taken wood apart by the cord
over the years, I find I'm a pretty good judge of what's there. When I did,
I drew a line where I wanted the new axis, shimmed it under the drillpress
and bored the hole.

Haven't caught one in the chops, ever, since even when I used the spur
center and its pathetic grip, I counterbored about a half inch to make sure
it could slip, but not flop. Not even a face mask is gonna save you from
"the big one."