Posted to rec.woodworking
RonB RonB is offline

Default Drill Press - Mobile Base??

This concern has been posted here several times over the past couple of
years. Generally the the advice is to use caution or not use a mobile base
at all. The smallest obstruction (joint in shop floor of even a piece of
wood) can catch the wheels and lead to tipping a top-heavy machine. I have
always considered my DP to be one of the smaller footprints in the shop and
find a place to place it full-time. Granted, it finds a new home from time
to time but not on wheels.

RonB

"David Bridgeman" wrote in message
. ..
I just bought the JET 17" floor model at the local dealer open house. One
of the displays was on a mobile base. Both the dealer and the JET rep.
advised against using one. I initially didn't think about it but it is
pretty top heavy. Does any one have any good or bad experiences with the
floor model DP on a mobile stand?

Dave